Stir-fry is one of my favourite meals – it’s so easy, delicious, nourishing and versatile! There are so many variations of this dish that you can make, including loads of interesting vegan and vegetarian stir fries, but this broccoli and cashew stir fry is by far my favourite! All the flavours combined together are mouthwateringly delicious. It’s a meal that will leave you satisfied and glowing from the inside, out!
This vegetable stir-fry is loaded with plant-based power! Broccoli is one of is a good source of vitamin C, vitamin K is a good source of potassium and fibre, too. Then there’s the cashews – great for protein and magnesium both needed for bone, nerve and thyroid health.
Everything here is cooked in Vita Coco Coconut Oil – coconut oil is a form of saturated fat which is a medium-chain fatty acid, which only goes through a three-step process to be turned into fuel – this makes them easier to digest. Hurrah!
Adding raw, unprocessed coconut oil from Vita Coco to your meals is such an easy and delicious way to do your body good and get the most from your food.
• 140g broccoli
• 60g cashews
• 160g red pepper
• 140g mushrooms
• 150g pak choi
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
• 1 tsp miso paste
• 2 tbsp tamari
• 1 tbsp cashew butter
• 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Vita Coco Coconut Oil • Black pepper
• 200g brown rice noodles
- Cook the noodles then rinse with cold water to stop them sticking together.
- Add 1 tsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp tamari in a pan over a low-medium heat. Heat for a minute, then add the cashews. Cook the cashews for a couple of minutes, mixing regularly to avoid burning. Once the nuts are slightly golden brown remove from the heat and place them onto kitchen paper to soak up the moisture.
- Cut the pepper into thin strips, slice the mushrooms, cut the broccoli and chop the pak choi ready for cooking.
- Add 1 tbsp coconut oil to a pan over a medium heat, followed by the miso and crushed garlic and heat for around a minute before adding the broccoli. Let the broccoli cook for 3-4 minutes then add the red pepper and mushrooms along with the chilli flakes and cumin.
- After the broccoli, pepper and mushrooms have been cooking for a few minutes, add the pak choi, the cashew butter, 1 tbsp tamari and lots of black pepper.
- Mix everything together until well-coated in the sauce and spices. Cook on a low heat for a couple of minutes.
- Remove the vegetable stir-fry mixture from the heat and serve alongside the brown rice noodles. Scatter the toasted cashews on top.
- Dig in and enjoy!
Find more from Nourishing Amelia on her blog.
Buy Vita Coco Coconut Oil Online
You can now buy Vita Coco Coconut Oil from our Online Store!