150g spelt flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt
Juice and zest of 1/2 orange
240ml soya (or other plant-based) milk
1/3 cup pumpkin purée
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp all-spice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tbsp melted Vita Coco Coconut Oil
- Place the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, spices and orange zest in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk the soya milk, pumpkin purée, maple syrup and orange juice together until smooth.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour, pour in the wet mixture and whisk.
- Heat a frying pan and melt the Vita Coco Coconut Oil before pouring into the pancake batter. Whisk to combine and set aside for a minute or two.
- Return the pan to the stove, brush with a little more Vita Coco Coconut Oil and bring to a medium-high heat. Using a 1/4-sized measuring cup (or an ice-cream scoop) ladle in the pumpkin batter, cooking one at a time for best results.
- Cook for around 4-5 minutes or until bubbles begin to appear on top and the sides look dry before flipping.
- Cook for a further minute or so before transferring to a plate.
- Cover with a clean tea towel to keep them warm. Repeat until all the mixture is used up … you should get approximately 10-12 pancakes out of the batter mix.
This pumpkin pancake recipe was created by Aine Carlin, author of PeaSoup, in collaboration with Vita Coco Coconut Oil.
Buy Vita Coco Coconut Oil Online
You can now buy Vita Coco Coconut Oil from our Online Store!